5 Reasons Why Your Boat Show Failed...
And What You Can Do to Fix It
Download the Resource Guide for this Episode:
You didn’t let your customers know how important it was to come to the boat show
- You spent a lot of money on the show and you want to show them how special you are.
- Make it a big deal, let them know the show is important, for them, you and the industry
You didn’t prep your salesmen and sales women
- make sure they know the lineup
- make sure they know the specs
- print out all important documentation prior to the show
- give them a checklist of things they need to bring
You didn’t capture the prospect contact information who attended the boat show
- I don’t care if that person is on your list 3 times already.. take it again.
- the value is in the list
- it is a tool that let’s you reach out to your customers and let them know you care
- at some points you don’t care.. and by the end you just say sure.. have a look.. don’t do that
You didn’t follow up with customers soon enough
- you waited a few days to call or email the customer and thank them for coming
- It wan’t quick enough and you lost them
- The competitor called them and they put a deposit on a boat already
- The quickest I’ve ever seen a response was with a large sportfish manufacture- I don’t think I should mention their name.. was about 2 minutes, they had their email auto responder set up immediately to thank me for stopping by the booth. I do this for all my customers, you wouldn’t believe the power this has
You didn’t learn from your mistakes
- we should do it this way next time (never happens)
- why don’t we do this- I think it will help- never happens
- a few customers asked if we could do XYZ next year- never happens
- take what you did wrong, and learn from it
- take what you did right and do it again at the next boat show
- see it time and time again.. every year, same ol shit..