Baltimore Riots: Drifters in Plain Sight
The Baltimore Riots are affecting so many people in a negative way. There is looting, fires, destruction, and killing happening for no reason. I feel the major factor behind this riot is because of drifting.
Drifters and The Baltimore Riots
The Baltimore Riots are affecting so many people in a negative way. There is looting, fires, destruction, and killing happening for no reason.
I feel the major factor behind this riot is because of drifting.
What Is Drifting?
There are two classes of people in the world.
Drifters and Non-Drifters (as defined by Napoleon Hill)
Drifters are ones who lack purpose, and those who are first to crucify the world around them, rather than help the world around them.
This is exactly what is happening in Baltimore right now with the riots and looting. It’s sad to see a world this way and I hope that our society will change to a way of the Non-Drifter.
Please share your thoughts on what you have learned and what you’re thoughts are on this subject.
More on Drifters Vs. Non-Drifters
The 24 Traits of a Drifter
- He will be conspicuous by his lack of self-confidence.
- He will never accomplish anything requiring thought and effort.
- He spends all he earns and more too, if he can get credit.
- He will be sick or ailing from some real or imaginary cause, and calling to high heaven if he suffers the least physical pain.
- He will have little or no imagination.
- He will lack enthusiasm and initiative to begin anything he is not forced to undertake, and he will plainly express his weakness by taking the line of least resistance whenever he can do so.
- He will be ill-tempered and lacking in control of his emotions.
- His personality will be without magnetism and it will not attract other people.
- He will have opinions on everything but accurate knowledge of nothing.
- He may be a jack of all trades but good at none.
- He will neglect to cooperate with those around him, even those on whom he must depend for food and shelter.
- He will make the same mistake over and over again, never profiting by failure.
- He will be narrow-minded and intolerant on all subjects, ready to crucify those who may disagree with him.
- He will expect everything of others but be willing to give little or nothing in return.
- He may begin many things but he will complete nothing.
- He will be loud in his condemnation of his government, but he will never tell you definitely how it can be improved.
- He will never reach decisions on anything if he can avoid it, and if he is forced to decide he will reverse himself at the first opportunity.
- He will eat too much and exercise too little.
- He will take a drink of liquor if someone else will pay for it.
- He will gamble if he can do it “on the cuff”.
- He will criticize others who are succeeding in their chosen calling.
- In brief, the drifter will work harder to get out of thinking than most others work in earning a good living.
- He will tell a lie rather than admit his ignorance on any subject.
- If he works for others, he will criticize them to their backs and flatter them to their faces.
Traits of a Non-Drifter
- He is always engaged in doing something definite through some well-organized plan which is definite.
- He has a major goal in life towards which he is always working and many minor goals, all of which lead towards his central scheme.
- The tone of his voice, the quickness of his step, the sparkle in his eyes, the quickness of his decisions clearly mark him as a person who knows exactly what he wants and is determined to get it, no matter how long it may take or what price he must pay.
- If you ask him questions, he gives you direct answers and never falls back on evasions, or resorts to subterfuge.
- He extends many favors to others but accepts favors sparingly, or not at all.
- He will be found up front whether he is playing a game, or fighting a war.
- If he does not know the answers, he will say so, frankly.
- He has a good memory…never offers an alibi for his shortcomings.
- He never blames others for his mistakes no matter if they deserve the blame.
- He used to be known as a go-getter, but in modern times he is called as a go-giver.
- You will find him running the biggest business in town, living on the best street, driving the best automobile, and making his presence felt wherever he happens to be; he is an inspiration to all who come into contact with his mind.
- He has a mind of his own, and uses it for all purposes.